Saturday, September 7, 2013

Prime Time

Not much painting lately, but I'm going to painting club tomorrow. After which I hope to have the balrog table-ready. For now, it's 82º, low humidity,  and just a bit of a breeze. So what do you do with a day like that when you have some leftover Army Painter blue primer (and plenty of white), along with kids who are scared of zombies?

You turn two of these* (free from a head-injury awareness fair):


Into this:




I stuffed the vents with newspaper before spraying and covered them each with a layer of gloss spray varnish afterwards. I wish my youngest had chosen the Dragon Red over Skull White, but whaddya gonna do? Kids!

*Not the exact same model helmet, but the paint job was identical (I forgot to take "before" pics).

No comments:

Post a Comment